SPEAKER: Nicole Sonya Vellet, PhD, RPsych, Psychologist, Vellet & Associates Child Psychological Services, Inc., Vancouver, BC SUMMARY: How the Courts, Child Welfare agencies, and related child-serving organizations can work together to meet the developmental and mental health needs of infants and young children in foster care. When families are involved in the court system,infants and young children can be forgotten or misrepresented. Our speaker has worked intensively in Canada to educated judges, lawyers, social workers and others in this system to learn how to listen to the needs of young children who cannot speak for...Read More
Home » Posts made in June, 2016
- WCAIMH Talk: November 23, 2017 – Film: “A Two Year Old Goes to Hospital”
- Past Events – WCAIMH Talk: October 26, 2017 – The Rights of the Infant
- Past Events – WCAIMH Talk: September 19, 2017 – Outcomes of Children Born Very Prematurely: How Can We Help?
- Past Events – WCAIMH Talk: June 22, 2017 – The importance of Early Childhood Education on mental health of young children
- Past Events – WCAIMH Talk: April 27, 2017 – Parenting with a Disability and Young Children’s Mental Health