SPEAKER: Doris is a proud member of the Stl’atl’imx Nation and N’quatqua band which is 70 km north of Whistler. She has worked in the helping field within the Urban Aboriginal community for the past 17 years. Doris is currently at Alan Cashmore Centre, providing mental health services to infants and children under 5 years old. SUMMARY: Doris talked about her experiences living and working in the urban Aboriginal community. She emphasized that families with young children need time to build a relationship with service providers, and that mutual respect and collaboration requires thoughtful and compassionate responses to their...Read More
Home » Posts made in January, 2015
- WCAIMH Talk: November 23, 2017 – Film: “A Two Year Old Goes to Hospital”
- Past Events – WCAIMH Talk: October 26, 2017 – The Rights of the Infant
- Past Events – WCAIMH Talk: September 19, 2017 – Outcomes of Children Born Very Prematurely: How Can We Help?
- Past Events – WCAIMH Talk: June 22, 2017 – The importance of Early Childhood Education on mental health of young children
- Past Events – WCAIMH Talk: April 27, 2017 – Parenting with a Disability and Young Children’s Mental Health